You don’t need the latest smartphone! Let me repeat that, you don’t need the latest smartphone! There, I’ve said it! My current smartphone is four years old today (Wednesday 14 October 2020) and it’s still going strong, so why change it?
It still does everything it did when it first came to life; it still takes great photos, music still sounds great through quality earphones or headphones, and it continues to enable me to share ‘dad jokes’ on Facebook – but for half the monthly cost of the first two years!
There’s some simple steps you can take to help ensure your smartphone lasts a long time:
- Don’t let the battery become completely exhausted.
- Switch off and on again at least once a day.
- Use the power-saver feature.
- Don’t have too many apps running in the background.
- Limit the notifications to the ones you really need.
- Only install apps that you actually use.
- Always have plenty of free memory space.
- Delete unwanted photos, videos and downloads regularly.
- Close, rather than minimise, apps after use.
- Use a cleaning utility app like CCleaner regularly.
- Use the built-in [Optimise] app or widget regularly.
- Make sure you have a tempered glass protector on the screen.
Finally, and most important for the long-term well-being of your smartphone, don’t drop it down the toilet!
Note: If you find my blog posts helpful you might like to Buy Me a Coffee.